Thursday, October 29, 2015

My Body RESET Program Experience

I have being used the RESET program for almost 3 months. Before taking the product, my weight was 72 kilograms. In three months, I reached my goal of 63 kilograms. I followed the instructions of the RESET program and opted-in on the Reset Nation Challenge website. At first, I wasn’t anticipating any benefits of weight loss till my weight drops to 63 kilograms.  My previous sagging belly and inactive, old-looking man had been transformed into a slim with visible three-pack abdomen and a vigor-looking old gentleman. It has changed my physical body appearance. Besides, it changes my eating habits and food selection and lifestyle that I was accustomed to for my past many years that I had ever never thought of.

In the beginning, I have never thought of losing weight as I was a vegetarian for 15 years and I thought of a healthy middle-age man.  As we grow after the age of 40 and older, our body starts build extra fat gradually and your functionality of your body starts degrading significantly. At 56 years old, I didn’t have sickness up until now but I started to experience backaches, feelings of stiffness in joints and spine for many years, fatigue much more easily and gout attack on my foot angle sometime. I didn’t have any clue what went wrong with my body. My diets have never changed.  I was feeling skeptical of the RESET program in the beginning, but I’m glad I took the initiative for my weight-loss journey.












During the first five days without any food, I envied people who could eat and enjoy food. I noticed my strength and energy towards physical activities such as running or swimming didn’t weaken even though I didn’t eat any regular food but according to the RESET program. My impression of getting nutrition and energy from normal food started to change.  Alternatively, eating a nutritional meal doesn’t reduce our strength or energy at all. Eating a healthy nutritional food is ultimately essential. The supplements and Nutrimeal do, in fact, provide the necessary nutrients needed for daily cell metabolism. The quality of the food you eat is most important than the quantity of the food. The healthier foods eaten with additional supplements provide more energy to sustain our body. I then started to research the nutritional components of foods I had eaten daily online and found that those foods that can sustain our body longer are low glycemic. The sweet, salty, and tasty food we enjoy/love are actually not healthy. It’s hard to believe that fast foods actually build more oxidative stress and fat on our body than we realize. I felt thrilled about the product that just consuming a highly nutritious powder mix could provide me energy the whole day without any feelings of nausea or weakness.

During my transformation phase, I replaced my eating habits with two Nutrimeal twice a day and one regular meal. I still had an internal conflict with hunger. The sight and thought of food kept luring me back but I persisted and measured my weight every day. On some days, I would gain weight by eating foods, high glycemic and calories, I like. Therefore, I would do more exercise on next day in order to reduce weight I gained. On other days, I noticed my weight kept, and then I knew I had eaten something that would not gain weight.  The longer I ate Nutrimeal, the stronger the desire I wanted to eat whatever food I liked. But every day, I just fought the struggle between my mind and food that I saw and smell. My weight dropped and increased back and forth for about a month.

During my maintenance phase, I shifted from one Nutrimeal at noon and ate a regular meal twice a day. By now, I was getting used to eating Nutrimeal daily. The desire for food started to diminish and I began to enjoy Nutrimeal with fruit at lunch times and took USANA supplements daily. I was still consistently monitoring my weight to see if changes in weight were due to certain foods or not. Some days I would attend a party, and for that whole week, I would do more exercise to burn out those extra calories. The extra effort to exercise was not intriguing to me. I wasn’t hopeless because my weight slowly dropped. By deciding to double my exercise and maintaining a positive mindset of change, this strong desire sparked me towards my goal. My life had been completely changed through this challenge.


On the last week, I was finally able to reach my goal. Not only had I reached my preferred target weight, I had gone beyond that. In these three months, I went through the process of weight loss. Through my experience of the RESET program, it is not just a simple weight loss program but a learning and developing experience of yourself to live healthier and a better lifestyle becomes only USANA can help us love life and live it. 

Goal: 72kg(BMi=25) to 63kg(BMi=23)

10 weeks (72kg to 66kg)
12 weeks (72kg to 63kg)








No comments: